Apple released iOS 16.3 to their devices such as iPhone and iPad. The new update comes with a bunch of cool new features, improvement changes as well as some bug fixes. Some of the key changes include Advanced Data Protection, New Unity Wallpapers, and Support for HomePod 2nd-generation. In this blog post, we’ve included everything you need to know.
iOS 16.3: Features
Security Keys for Apple ID
One of the biggest highlights of iOS 16.3 is that users can configure their Apple ID with a physical security key as two-factor authentication. It will ask you for that physical security key when you log in to other Apple devices.
Support for HomePod (2nd-gen)
With the new iOS 16.3 update, users can also connect their iPhones or iPad with HomePos 2nd-gen which was launched a few weeks earlier.
New Unity wallpaper
The latest iOS also brings some new unity wallpapers as Apple’s Black Unity Collection. It features some amazing wallpapers for Apple smartwatches, iPhones, and iPad too. This collection also includes a limited-edition Apple Watch Black Unity Sport Loop.
Changes to Emergency SOS button
With the previous iOS version, many cases were seen where users accidentally make emergency phone calls by just holding down iPhone’s side button. It is now made a bit more difficult to do that. Users can make emergency calls by holding down the iPhone’s side button, however, to complete that call they will also have to release the side button.
iOS 16.3 Bug Fixes:
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
- Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display Home app status
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
- Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly
How to install iOS 16.3 on your iPhone or iPad
iOS 16.3 is now officially being rolled out for all the iPhone 8 and later models, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 5th generation. Here’s how to update your iPhone to iOS 16.3:
- Go to “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Then, “General”
- Select “Software Update”
- Choose “Download and Install” for iOS 16.3
Follow us on Google News.
More articles to read: