You can always boot your USB flash drive and make it a portable Windows 10 installer. Using that, you can perform a clean Windows 10 installation. If you don’t know, a clean Windows installation removes all the bugs, viruses, and system errors from your PC. However, it also removes programs, apps, settings, and user accounts. To perform a clean Windows installation, you will need a CD/DVD or you can use your portable USB flash and boot into Windows 10 installer. Here’s how to create a bootable USB flash drive on Windows 10.
Related: How To Setup Free VPN Extension in Chrome Browser
Here’s how to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 10:
There are so many tools available for Windows that would help you to boot a pen drive or another USB drive on Windows 7, 8, or 10. However, in this tutorial, we’ll be using the Rufus software as it is one of the tools built for this purpose.
Rufus is an open-source very small-sized application that can quickly make your USB drive bootable on different Windows versions, however, we’ll be booting Windows 10 in this tutorial.
You can download Rufus from its official website. Along with that, you will also need to download the official “Windows 10 ISO file” from Microsoft’s official website.
Follow the given steps one by one:
- First, download the Rufus and Windows 10 ISO files from here.
- Open the rufus.exe file on your Windows by allowing administrator access.
- Once the software is launched, insert the USB drive such as Pendrive, DVD, etc (with at least 8GB space should be left).
- It should automatically detect the drive otherwise, you can choose your drive in the device menu.
- After that, select the Windows ISO file from the Boot Selection option.
- Last, click on Start and wait for the complete process of making your USB bootable.
Now you can take the USB drive out of the desktop or laptop and perform a clean Windows installation.
Using Windows Media Creation Tool:
Media Creation tool is an official free software for Windows made by Microsoft Inc. Using this tool, you can download & install Windows 10 setup files into your USB drive (such as a Pen drive) and upgrade your PC from older Windows 7 to Windows 10/11. It also allows you to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch. However, this tool requires a strong internet connection to download over 5GB of Windows setup files. Read the below instructions to know how to use this software.
- First, download Windows Media Creation Tool from here.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the .exe file and grant the administrator access to open the tools on your Windows laptop or desktop.
- It will take some time to get things ready. Once ready, click on Accept the license terms.
- Next, you’ll be asked to choose whether you want to upgrade your PC or create installation media to your USB flash drive for another PC. For this tutorial, choose the second option “Create installation media” then click Next.
- Now choose your USB flash drive and click Next.
- Then, insert your flash drive on your PC and click on Refresh drive list.
- Now select your flash drive and click on Next. Wait until it downloads the Windows 10 ISO (setup) files.
- Once downloaded, it will automatically create a bootable USB drive on Windows 10.
I hope you like this tutorial on Creating a bootable USB drive for Windows 10 OS. If you like this tutorial, make sure to share it with your friends.