Dark mode is now an essential feature to Android smartphones. Due to its usability and benefits, you must turn dark mode on in most of the scenarios. Dark mode protects your eyes from flashy lights, also saves your Android smartphone battery and on top of that, it looks good. Popular online platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Google are introducing dark mode in their UI so that users can engage more time on the platform without getting tired. Here in this tutorial, I’ll show you how to enable dark mode in Android smartphones.
Related: What is Camera2 API? How to Enable Camera2 API in Android?
The first official dark mode was introduced in Android 10. So if you’re using Android 10, you can pretty quickly enable dark mode by following the given steps. However, there’s no official support for dark mode if you’re using below Android 10 based smartphones. But, there’s a trick that you can use to enable dark mode on below Android 10 devices.
How to enable Dark Mode in Android 12:
- Open ‘Settings’ on your Android smartphone from the notification panel.
- Then, scroll down and select the Display option.
- Select and toggle on the Dark theme under the appearance section.
How to enable Dark Mode in Android 11:
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Then, go to the Display option
- And, turn on the Dark theme feature.
With Android 11, you can also schedule dark mode to turn on automatically for a certain period of time. To do that, just select the Schedule option under the dark theme section and set your start and end timer.
How to enable Dark Mode in Android 10:
Android 10 was the first version by Google that officially supports the dark mode feature. Here’s how to enable it:
- Open your smartphone ‘Settings‘ by clicking on the settings icon.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the Display option.
- Lastly, toggle the Dark theme option to turn on.
Read more: 15 Best Android Hacks & Tricks You Don’t Know [ Latest 2022 ]
For Android 9 or Older:
This is where it gets a little tricky. Since Android 9 or below doesn’t have official support for dark mode we need to use another method. To do that, all you have to do is just switch your Android launcher app to another. Here are the Top 10 Android Launchers you can try for yourself. For me, however, Nova Launcher is the best when it comes to the dark mode feature. You can download and install the Nova launcher from the Google play store and use dark mode on all the below Android 10 devices. Once installed, just follow the given instructions:
- Download and install the Nova Launcher app from here.
- Then, long press on the Nova launcher home screen.
- Select ‘Nova Settings‘
- Next, select the integrations option and choose themes.
- Lastly, choose the dark mode option.
That’s it for now. We’ll keep updating this tutorial as more upcoming Android version gets released.
I hope you like this tutorial. Pass on any comment if you like and make sure you share this page on your social media platforms.
Dark Mode Related Posts:
- How to Enable Dark Mode in Android 10
- How to enable WhatsApp Dark Mode in Android
- Here’s how to enable Dark Mode in Play Store
- How to enable Chrome Dark Mode on Android and PC
- How to Enable Dark Mode in MIUI 11 | MIUI 11 Dark Mode