Dark mode is one of the most liked features in smartphones. It saves smartphone battery, and reduces eye strain, looks cool but does not filter blue lights. So, to filter blue lights, there’s a feature in Android called Night mode. This feature was introduced on Android 10 and is supported by all the above versions. People use the night mode feature to help them sleep better. It makes the screen less bright, which can be helpful for people who have trouble falling asleep because of the light from their screens. Here’s how to enable Night Mode.
Related: How to Change app icons in Android Smartphones
How to enable Night Mode on Android
Night mode is available in many different forms on Android devices. The user can change the settings so that it turns on automatically at a certain time, or they can turn it on manually when they want to use it. Here’s how:
- Open the smartphone’s quick panel by sliding down
- Tap on the Settings icon to open Settings on your Android phone
- Tap on Display
- Tap on Reading Mode or Night mode, options might be different depending upon which smartphone you have
- Enable Reading mode.
- You can also schedule this mode.
- To do that, tap on the Schedule option under Reading mode
- Tap on Custom period and set the timer.
Using Third-Party app
There are hundreds of thousands of third-party apps available on the play store that can enable night mode on Android phones even in older versions. Twilight or Blue Light Filter by Leap Fitness both are the best app you can download from Google Play Store. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to use Twilight app:
- Download and install the Twilight app from the play store.
- Launch the app on your Android phone.
- Read the tutorial and click OK
- On the main UI, it will ask for permission to filter your screen.
- Tap allow, then choose Twilight app and enable “Allow display over other apps”.
- Allow Twilight to filter notifications as well as lock screen from accessibility settings.
- Click on Play/Pause button to turn it on or off.
I hope this tutorial helps you. Visit our website for more tutorials and the latest technology news.
Read more articles: