Mi Remote is a very popular remote app for Android devices. This app is mostly used by Xiaomi devices that have IR blaster support. It lets you use your Xiaomi smartphone as a universal remote to control TVs, Projectors, DVD Players, Music Players, Smart light bulbs, cameras, Set-top boxes, and almost anything that can be controlled through a remote controller. In this tutorial, I will show you how to use Mi Remote App to Control your TVs, Projectors, and other devices.
Read More: Top 17 Useful MIUI 11 Features (+ MIUI 11 Hidden Settings)
What is an IR blaster?
IR blaster stands for Infrared blaster which is a device that throws infrared rays/signals to control remote devices such as TV, projectors, AC, music player, etc. The IR blaster in smartphones is the same as TV remotes.
How To Add a TV/Projector in Mi Remote App
It’s really easy to add remote devices in Mi Remote App. To do so, just follow the given steps one by one.
- Install & Open Mi Remote App(duh!)
- Click on Add remote
- Choose your device (i.e. TV)
- Then, choose your TV brand name
- Choose On/Off option depending upon your situation (i.e. if your device is turned on choose On option, otherwise choose off)
- To test out whether the remote is working or not, click on the mute button while pointing your mobile IR blaster towards the TV or the device you’re configuring
- If it works, click on next and move further. Otherwise, you should again until it works.
- Lastly, click on Paired.
- That’s it you’ve successfully configured your Mi remote for your device. You’ll get the same outlook as your TV remote with multiple options, such as Numbers (0-9), Mute, On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down, etc.
Download Mi Remote App From Here
I hope you like this tutorial and I was able to help. If somehow, you’re still not able to connect your device with Mi Remote, please let me in the comment. I’ll try my best to help you.
- How to Enable MIUI Control Center on any Android smartphone
- Top 10 Best Features of MIUI 12 You should Know
- Top 4 Alternatives to Youtube you are missing!
- How to Turn Off MIUI Ads from Xiaomi Smartphones
- How To Use Always-On Display in MIUI 11
- MIUI 12 Dark Mode 2.0
- 10 Best Android Launchers | Highly Customizable Launchers